WSL100/200/300 FAMILY SWITCHMODE POWER SUPPLY SPECIFICATIONS
1. General Character:
The model WSL series power supplies are designed for use in medical, information technology or laboratory environments. They provide a "universal" AC input operation, and can supply 0 to approximately 30W of stable DC output power.
1.1 The model number suffix "M", indicates that a specific model is for use in a medical environment.
2. Electrical Specifications:
2.1 Input: 100-250Vac 50/60Hz 80VA
(90-264 Vac, 47-63 Hz is the tested operational range, 100-250 Vac range is marked on product to comply with safety standards.)
2.1.1 Input Fuses:
A current fuse is incorporated in the AC input line, rated at 1.5A, 250V, slo blo type fuse element, 2AG size, configured with integral welded on leads. Available from Littlefuse, part number 230-1.5. Medical grade models have a second fuse in the AC input neutral line as well.
2.1.2 Input Switch:
An optional input switch may be provided if required. A "I" and a "O" will be marked on it, or next to it.
Optional suffix "M", indicates medical usage. Optional suffix "Q" indicates quasi regulated.
Single Output Models
Dual Output Models
2.3 Output Variance, Voltage:
+/- 5% at Full Load, any input voltage or environmental condition, for single output models, multi output models may be specified differently, contact factory.
2.4 Load Regulation, Voltage: (either option A or B may be provided)
A) Fully Regulated Models: Not to exceed 600 millivolts, for 100% to 0% load change, varies due to output cord selected, regulation at PCB better than 1%. Optocoupler used to feed back control signal to primary controller.
B) Quasi Regulated Models: 10% maximum increase for a 100% to 20% load change. 30% maximum increase for a 100% to 0% load change. Primary side voltage regulation technique used.
2.5 Protection Circuitry: The output is protected from short circuit and prolonged overload.
3. Mechanical Specifications:
3.1 Enclosure Dimensions: 4.75"L X 3.00"W X 1.89"H inches, enclosure outline drawings available upon request.
3.2 Input Configuration: Male IEC320, 3 conductor, power inlet.
3.3 Output Configuration: 6 foot length standard, various conductor arrangements and jacket material selections are available. Cordsets may be terminated with various dc connectors, custom output connector assemblies are available, contact customer service for details. Standard in-stock cordsets can be seen in the Jerome Industries engineering manual / catalog on pages 10 and 11.
4.1 Operating :
|Temperature: 0 to 40C
Humidity: 10% to 95% non-condensing
Atmospheric pressure: 70 to 106 kPa
|Please contact customer service if a
wider operating range is required.
4.2 Storage :
Temperature: -40 to 75C
Humidity: 10% to 95% non-condensing
Atmosperic pressure: 50 to 106 kPa
5. Regulatory Compliance
5.1 Safety Compliance: These Power Supplies have been certified by the following
safety agencies to the standards shown:
5.3 Electro Magnetic Compatibility:
Meets requirements of European EMC directive and FCC requirements.
Meets EMC requirements from EN60601-1-2 (EMC requirements for ElectroMedical Equipment).
Meets level B requirements of FCC 47 CFR part 15 and CISPR11 (EN55011) and CISPR22 (EN55022), EN61000-6-3 (light industrial) and line harmonic emissions EN61000-3-2.
Meets CISPR24 (EN55024), EN61326 and EN61000-6-1.
5.3.4 EMC Responsibility:
It is the responsibility of the OEM customer to verify EMC compliance with his system before marketing the end-use system.
1) Emissions have been verified by an independent lab on 4 models of the WSL family. The models tested were the 5V, 24V and 48V single output and the triple output WSL301 model. All models were found to comply with radiated and conducted emissions requirements.
Emissions are monitored on all prototypes using a spectrum analyzer with peak, quasi peak and average mode power measurement capabilities. Conducted emissions are recorded for both 120 Vac and 230 Vac input conditions. A correlated radiated emissions program is used in order to economically verify the radiated emissions from a specific model.
The radiated emissions program works from the premise that the power supply acts as a dipole antenna radiator, one side of the dipole antenna being the input cord, the other side being the output cord. Levels are monitored on the cords by a common mode current sensing device operating into a spectrum analyzer. Correlation factors have been established which are based upon the difference between radiated field measurements made at an independent lab and Jerome Industries lab common mode current measurements on the cords of reference power supplies.
Using this technique, Jerome Industries has experienced a 98% passing rate for prototypes submitted for radiated field emissions testing at independent labs.
OEM System Engineer Instructions
* The EMC characteristics of the final system comprised of both the power supply and the main system must be evaluated to the applicable EMC environment regulations.
* Should a power supply need repair, please return it along with a note describing the particular problem to:
Jerome Industries Inc.
730 Division St.
Elizabeth, NJ 07201
* Circuit operation block diagrams, isolation diagrams, and a list of safety critical components will be available on request to appropriately qualified personnel.
* All products which contain double input fuses shall contain the following text in the system installation manual:
"CAUTION: DOUBLE POLE/NEUTRAL FUSING"
* When used with medical products the Instruction Manual prepared for the
end use product must incorporate at a minimum, the following power supply warning notices:
a) Warning: When cleaning the power unit, use a cloth dampened with cleaning alcohol on the outside of the enclosure only. Do not immerse product in water or a safety hazard could arise during use.
b) Warning: Do not use this power unit in the presence of flammable anesthetics.
* Periodic leakage current testing should be done on the combined power supply and end-use system on a yearly basis when used in a hospital environment where such test equipment is commonly available.
WSL100 Family Leakage Current
Measurements per IEC60601-1 Clause 19
|Earth Leakage Current||200||290|
|Enclosure Leakage Current||3||4|
|Patient Leakage Current
(to output negative cord connection)
|Patient Leakage Current, Mains Voltage Applied (to output negative cord connection)||N/A||2400|
1) Measurement data in microamps
2) Measurements made with 275 Vac, 60 Hz input.
3) Worst case measurement condition, including humidity preconditioning.
4) Reduced leakage designs available (including CF category compliant designs), contact factory for availability.